Tuesday, November 29, 2011


 La Renaissance



Franklin's bones II


The Madness Behind the Method

Seventeen years ago I saw the american artist Jasper Johns painting titled "Flag". The surface of the painting was as intriguing to me as the subject. It was the first encaustic painting that I had ever encountered and I was so enthralled by it that I have been experimenting with this ancient medium ever since. I haven't taken any lessons, workshops or read extensively about the various encaustic techniques; I believe more creative things happen without boundaries or preconceived notions.
I take pleasure playing with stuff, experimenting and gaining some level of mastery. This is what beckons me to the studio more than anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback and comments are encouraged. If you took the time to check it out why not take the time to say something about it?

Jeff Molloy - Mixed media painting and assemblage

Jeff Molloy is a farmer of art.He creates multidimensional,
multi sensory works that bring emotion to the people who experience them,
and energy to the spaces they inhabit.